Wednesday, 12 September 2012

It Never Rains But It Pours

We appear to have come full circle, as one project ends another begins and it has begun much the same way, with the need for a trailer.

The search for a trailer ended some time ago and became a bit of a project in itself, getting it home was one thing, making it road worthy for a boat was another and who else stepped up to the challenge... Pete McIntyre!

Spurred on by the need to move Betsy home from the Norfolk Broad, I asked Pete if he could modify a rather old trailer I had dug up on ebay, "no problem" said Pete... "how about tomorrow?", holy cow I thought followed by a frantic dash to the Post Office to get my sister's car taxed (it's the only vehicle I can use to tow Betsy), a quick bit of insurance arranged online and a 5am start the following day to collect the tailer. Then it was off to Emma's farm, meeting Pete along the way.

Two days of cutting, grinding, welding, bolting etc. (it poured with rain on the second day) supported by mugs of tea and home made buns (thanks Em!) and there we have it...


My newly converted trailer and I returned home this evening, on Saturday we head down to Norfolk to recover Betsy, where she will be put into rehab, only to be released when she is fit for purpose... the Jester Challenge 2014!

No comments: