Thursday, 12 May 2016

First Fix

The new companionway has had a sand, I should really fill and fair to hide the fibreglass tape edges etc but time is marching on and I need to get cracking!

The Lewmar hatch was slotted in to position to check how well it fitted...


Quite what I would have done if it didn't I do not know but...


The frame of the hatch sits nice and square to the plywood surround, had I cut the hole 10mm lower down the hatch would have opened a little further without rubbing on the underside of the doghouse but now I'm being picky.

Yesterday, having finished the fibreglass work cut short by the rain, I masked up the bulkhead and began painting...


And for the rest of today I rescued the old cabin sole that was cut out with a grinder some years ago...


The aft end was cut off just before the apertures for the old engine mounts to give a clean line and the sides trimmed to fit the curved stowage compartments, then the whole lot given a thorough sand. There's a little more shaping and sanding to do and then I will be tabbing it down... so much for finishing the fibreglass work?!

No comments: